About Us

Local and independent advice.

Bolitho, Skeggs & Bratt take much pride in helping people like you achieve their financial goals.

Being independent is something we are proud of.  Unlike your bank or ‘tied agent’, we have access of the entire range of products and services available in the financial market place.  A fair majority of our business comes from personal recommendation from our many satisfied clients.  Much time is spent on understanding a client’s situation; therefore, focused advice is key when making a suitable recommendation.

Lindsay Bratt and Paul Skeggs have over 40 years experience within the financial services industry.  A wealth of valuable knowledge in an ever changing marketplace.


Your Personal Protection

Bolitho, Skeggs & Bratt will always endeavour to ensure the products recommended are suitable to you. When providing advice from our range of regulated products, you potentially have the protection of the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).

Should you be unhappy about the service or advice you have received you should firstly contact us, being the firm that provided the advice and service. By doing this provides us with the opportunity to rectify the situation and to provide a record of our own events. Should you remain dissatisfied you will be entitled to refer your complaint to the FOS who will investigate the complaint independently and make a ruling. The FOS work with customers and financial advisers to resolve a complaint, and when they do have to make a ruling it is binding upon the firm.

Should you wish to register a complaint against Bolitho, Skeggs & Bratt, our contact details can be found on this website.

A summary of our complaints handling procedures for reasonable and prompt handling of complaints is available on request and if you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the FOS at www.financial.ombudsman.org.uk or by contacting them on 0800 023 4567.

Should you try to submit a complaint to a firm that is dissolved or unable to meet its obligations, you may have recourse to the FSCS. This service is funded by levies on firms that are authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to protect customers where firms have closed and not trading.